An Intro to Me and Rustic Roo

 


Where did it all start?
Well over a year ago I fell ill and was diagnosed with Psychosis. Psychosis is a mental health condition that causes people to to percive or interpret things differently from those around them. this involves hallucinations or delusions. For me I have auditory hallucinations and tactlie hallucinations. I also suffer with a sensory disorder where my visual, auditory, tactile and proprioception are heightened compared to the normal base line for humans. I became to unable to work and was titled as disabled. I was very unwell for 6months but then started to get support Mental health team. In October I had to accept that my illness was long term and in some capacity I will always suffer with Psychosis and sensory disorder. accepting my illness was a massive step and has helped me to accept my new life. 
This is how Rustic Roo came to be.

What is Rustic Roo?
Workshop outcome
So Rustic Roo is the name I gave to my brand. The name came from my nick name "roo" and that I started painting on natural rustic wood. So I went to a workshop at "the home crafters" shop in Yate Bristol, and did a work shop on mixed media and painting. This sparked me to get back in to painting which I have always loved. I decided that I was likely never going to have a "normal" job so why not try selling my art.

Who am I?
Me (with make up)
Me and my mum (no make up) 
So I'm Sam, first disclaimer I'm dyslexic and I have been for as long as I can remember to me right a blog is a huge step. it will also be a huge miracle if anyone can understand what I'm writing. 
So I love art and textiles in my school years. I then went on to do a degree in costume design at Birmingham city university. I worked in the costume industry for a few years but discovered the travel and working hours where not for me. I then dived in to care and caring for the elderly, I loved this job and was still doing this up until I became unwell a year ago. 
Deacon
Denver
Denver
Denver and Deacon
So next big thing, I'm a mum to two lovely boys deacon 4years old and Denver who is nearly 2years old. I love my boys to bits but pregnancy and motherhood has been very hard for me due to health complications and my mental health. I feel this will need a whole blog page that I can go in to the details at another time.
Dave 
I'm also married to my husband Dave who I married in 2015, we met way back when we where in school at age 12 but didn't become a couple until we where in our 20's. On the subject of age I'm 32, and I have no clue where the years have gone lol. 

What do I paint?
"Choose to keep going"

"little and large cuteness"

"Bee yourself"
So here are a few examples of the paintings. Decided to paint on wood as I love the way it looks rustic and naturally frames the art work. I'm still in the process of creating my style of painting at the moment so it does vary a lot. I'm also getting to know to what other people like not just my self, as the plan is to make this my own little business/job.

So I think I have rambled on enough now for my first post so I will leave it there until next time. 


Comments

Popular Posts